The Society continues to produce videos from time to time, especially now when webinars have had to replace our programme of free public talks. All our videos are on YouTube and are listed below; you can find the same on our YouTube channel.
- Traffic-free Oxford – video. Published 2 November 2020. The lockdown during the spring and summer of 2020 gave Oxford the opportunity of seeing what the City could be like with far less traffic clogging the streets. This video shows ‘Lockdown Oxford’, with comments and thoughts from Oxford Civic Society’s Chairman.
- Planning White Paper – a webinar. Published 26 October 2020. Oxford Civic Society prepared a response to the Government’s White Paper of changes to the planning system. In this webinar Peter Thompson (OCS Planning Grouip) outlines the White Paper’s proposals and the Society’s proposed response. His presentation is followed by a Q&A session.
- Olive Gibbs: Oxford politician and peace campaigner. Published 21 Oct 2020. Olive Gibbs (born in 1918) was a redoubtable local Labour politician, peace campaigner and founding member of CND. During her long political career she helped to shape our city. Local historian Liz Woolley talks about Olive’s extraordinary life and legacy.
- Rewilding – Restoring Ecosystems. Published 15 September 2020. Dr Paul Jepson, Nature Recovery Lead at the environmental consultancy Ecosulis, gave an overview of rewilding from a European perspective. He discussed the potential for rewilding in and around Oxford.
- Liveable Streets – Bringing Them to Oxford Published 8 September 2020. Dr Scott Urban of Oxfordshire Liveable Streets, explains low-traffic neighbourhoods with successful examples from elsewhere. He discusses what we could do here to claim back our streets for the people who live in them.
- Historic Oxford in Lockdown. Published 4 July 2020. Local historian Liz Woolley takes the opportunity of lockdown to pick out some places and things in Oxford which you might easily miss when there are more people around.
- Inequality in Oxford. Published 15 June 2020. Sara Fernandez, Director of Oxford Hub, spoke about Oxford through the lens of social action, relationships and community cohesion. It gave an opportunity to explore what it means to live in Oxford from a different perspective.
- Litter Hero Rylee. First published 16 February 2020. Rylee, a young litter picking inspiration, shares his top tips for litter picking ahead of OxClean’s big Spring Clean at the end of the month.
- OCS Redbridge P&R Blue Plaque. Published 1 November 2019. A Blue Plaque commemorating the launch of Oxford’s Park & Ride scheme in 1973 was unveiled at Redbridge on Friday 1st November 2019. Oxford Civic Society, celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2019, was instrumental in getting this milestone achievement implemented.
- Volunteering with Oxford Civic Society and OxClean. First published 29 March 2017. Sophie Law of BBC Radio Oxford interviews two volunteers from Oxford Civic Society who are active in the OxClean initiative.
- Oxford Futures 2014. First published 10 Nov 2014. Oxford Civic Society launched the report “Oxford Futures” by Nicholas Falk of URBED in March 2014. This is a short record of the launch.