The Society is a Registered Charity (No 1116749) founded in 1969. We have nearly 1000 members – Individuals, Corporate Members and Residents Associations. As a voluntary organisation we depend on the enthusiasm of our members which stems from the pleasure and satisfaction they derive from participating. Our activities are fun as well as fulfilling!
Annual Reviews for the past several years are archived with our Newsletters.
We are largely funded by membership fees and modest charges for some of our events. We also apply for grants for specific activities. We do not solicit donations either through street collections or direct appeals to the public.
|President||Sir Hugo Brunner KCVO, former Lord Lieutenant of Oxfordshire|
|Vice-Chairman||Sir Clive Booth|
Elected Members of the Executive Committee
|Gillian Argyle||Ian Green|
|John Goddard||Liz Grosvenor|
|Wendy Robinson||Jonathan Scheele|
|Tim Treacher||Tony Turton|
Convenors of Working Groups and Initiatives
|Planning||Sir Clive Booth|
|Communications & Editor of Visions||Hilary Bradley|
The civic movement
Our Society is an active member of Civic Voice the national charity for the civic movement in England. Civic Voice seeks to make places more attractive, enjoyable and distinctive and promotes civic pride. More locally we are members of ANTAS, the Association of North Thames Amenity Societies.